Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Michael Sam will receive the Arthur Ashe Courage Award


Michael Sam is the winner of the Arthur Ashe Courage Award. This award is given to the individual who has transcended in sports.

And Michael has definitely done that.

Michael will receive the award at The 2014 ESPYs on July 16.

Michael said this about the honor:
"I'm very honored to be presented with the Arthur Ashe award. It is about courage. You know I don't think there is anything courageous I did. I look forward to when we can live life in a world when gays don't have to come out in public. I am thrilled to be living in a time when you can be accepted for how you live."
Michael will receive the award at The 2014 ESPYs on July 16.

source

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.