Thursday, September 12, 2013

Warner Bros and J.K. Rowling are creating a ‘Harry Potter’-Inspired Film Series

J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. are teaming together to tell more stories from the Harry Potter universe. They have announced an "expanded creative partnership" that will start a new film series.

It's starts with the Harry Potter tie-in book, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. The film will follow a character named, Newt Scamander, who came before Harry. We will see some new folks and a young Albus Dumbledore. From the press release, J.K. said:
It all started when Warner Bros. came to me with the suggestion of turning Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them into a film. I thought it was a fun idea, but the idea of seeing Newt Scamander, the supposed author of Fantastic Beasts, realized by another writer was difficult. Having lived for so long in my fictional universe, I feel very protective of it and I already knew a lot about Newt. As hard-core Harry Potter fans will know, I liked him so much that I even married his grandson, Rolf, to one of my favorite characters from the Harry Potter series, Luna Lovegood. 
As I considered Warners’ proposal, an idea took shape that I couldn’t dislodge. That is how I ended up pitching my own idea for a film to Warner Bros.
Get excited!

2 comments:

K. Clark said...

Yay!

steph said...

This sounds very interesting... I would enjoy this because like I love harry potter! And J.K. Rowling & the warner bros teaming up is awesome!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.