Sunday, June 6, 2010

My vague Review of 'Splice'


I just saw Splice and it renewed my love for sci-fi/horror films.

This was incredibly smart, well-written and surprising at every turn. I wasn't let down at all.

Here my vague review of this great movie.
  • The casting is perfect.
  • The story gives you a truthful look at science and the people behind it.
  • Sarah Polley (Elsa) did a great job in this role.
  • Once they created Dren, it was interesting to watch the parenting skills of the 2 main characters.
  • The new being is name Dren, which means Nerd backwards.
  • The issue of morals was challenged in the film. It give an interesting view on what's right and wrong.
  • The story never spins out of control, it is focused, complete and strong in its storytelling.
  • Adrian Brody (Clive) was also great, his character was fascinating to watch.
  • This was a thinking person movie and I was so grateful for that.
  • Elsa's past tied into the story without some lengthy and crazy background mess.
  • You see Dren grow up in an odd and sad way. She sees life in a matter of days.
  • Dren's abilities are amazing, you see everything she's 'made' from in such fierce ways.
  • The barn scenes are the best parts of the movie. There's so much that goes down in those scenes.
  • Adrian Brody is hot.
As I said earlier, this is a smart person's movie. No cheap thrills, no overly hot people trying to act and no overt cliches. This is a solid story.

So if you can, see this movie!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

still not sure if i wanna see it.

SteveA said...

Thanks for this. I'm interested to see it now!

Cubby said...

I just read Greg your review. We're going to try to see it this afternoon. Thanks!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.