Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Do you Remember Rock & Rule?


Rock & Rule was and still is one of my favorite animated movies. It's crazy, creative and very out there.

I remember way back (in the 1980s) at my grandmama's house one Friday night. I was watching Night Tracks and got bored with the videos. I looked at the HBO guide and saw Rock & Rule scheduled to play in about 10 or 20 minutes.

After reading the movie info, I was curious and excited. I turned the channel (back then you had to physically turn the channel) to HBO and leaned back on the couch. Once the movie started, I was completely hooked!!

I love the idea that animals were human-like characters and the future was somewhat lost. I also enjoyed the music and theme of the movie. Demons, romance, the hero and the villain... This movie has it all.

I instantly became a fan of Mok, especially after watching this scene...

This movie wasn't a hit, but the true fans pushed it to cult status. If you haven't seen this flick, please check it out. It's fun, creative, sexy and animated... And who doesn't love sexy and mad animation.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.