Late last night, I saw Jennifer's Body at the Arclight. This flick was cute, funny and actually pretty good. Miss Diablo Cody did a great job writing her first "horror" movie.
I love the simplicity of the story. There's hope that simple, good horror can still made in Hollyhood.
Here's my pros and cons
- A simple story goes a long way.
- The actors matched the characters and movie... Yes, even Megan Fox.
- Great soundtrack.
- Needy's boyfriend was adorable.
- The writing was clever.
- No slow moments. The movie moved at a great pace.
- Nice to see a different type of Horror. No remake or overly attractive actors!
- Some lines were misses, but nothing serious.
- Just a small thing, I never understood how you can find demonic, dimension opening, spell book in a library. Why would something that dangerous be in your local library?