Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Interesting Quote: Drew-Shane Daniels


As a practicing black, gay male myself, I can easily become exhausted by the number of LGBTQ members who are celebrated that don't look like me. There comes a feeling that I don't exist. I'm not slim, blonde or have blue eyes. To see Sam, a 6-foot-2, 260-pound black man, share his story only hits closer to home because there is a spark of familiarity. I enjoy seeing black, gay men in headlines outside of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" sound bites because it is refreshing. Far too often stories are told through the lens of white gay men, so equating this lifestyle to a race isn't a reach.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.