Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Top 20 Albums



This is a big thing on Facebook, but I thought I would post them here as well.  These are my top 20 favorite albums that have stayed with me over the years
  1. Labelle - Nightbirds
  2. Janet Jackson - Janet
  3. Monica - The Boy Is Mine
  4. Lauryn Hill - The Mis-Education of Lauryn Hill
  5. k.d. lang - All You Can Eat
  6. Madonna - Ray of Light
  7. Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing
  8. Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis
  9. Aretha Franklin - Sparkle
  10. Neil Young - Harvest 
  11. Prince - Sign O' The Times
  12. Janet Jackson- Velvet Rope
  13. Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
  14. Culture Club - Colour by Numbers
  15. Michael Jackson - Thriller/Bad
  16. Kate Bush - The Sensual World  
  17. Tina Turner - Private Dancer
  18. Paula Cole - This Fire
  19. Deee-Lite - World Clique
  20. Annie Lennox - Diva

3 comments:

Greg said...

That's a good list. I may have to borrow the concept for my blog. (And I love Kate Bush!!)

Anonymous said...

My Top 20:

Acey Duecy - Anthony David
Action Speaks Louder Than Words - Chocolate Milk
Advance - Shur-I-Kan
After Tonight - Will Downing
Agents of Fortune - Blue Oyster Cult
Aja - Steely Dan
Album II - Kem
All n' All - EWF
Back on the Block - Quincy Jones
Blam! - The Brothers Johnson
Brasil - Manhattan Transfer
Brazilian Love Affair - George Duke
Brown Sugar - D'Angelo
Comin' From Where I'm From - Anthony Hamilton
Complex Simplicity - Teedra Moses
Cut the Cake - Average White Band
The Dude - Quincy Jones
Emergency on Planet Earth - Jamirouquai
Evolver - John Legend

That all goes by rating.

Ron Buckmire said...

That is a good list.

The overlap in my list are:

Lauryn Hill - The Mis-Education of Lauryn Hill

Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing

Prince - Sign O' The Times
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
Michael Jackson - Thriller/Bad
Annie Lennox - Diva

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.