Saturday, January 18, 2014

Madonna uses the hashtag “#disnigga” to describe her son, Rocco

Lord...

Madonna uses this hashtag yesterday on Instragram

Later today, she apologized
"I am sorry if I offended anyone with my use of the N word on Instagram. It was not meant as a racial slur. I am not a racist. There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention," she said. "It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white. I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression."
via Buzzfeed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on Madonna, I remember unlike most of America during the Trayvon Martin trial how Nigga is used by all as endearing. I feel she done nothing wrong but took the power out of the so called N-Word. You go girl!

K. Clark said...

My two cents (well, more like a quarter):

http://kclarkscorner.blogspot.com/2014/01/thoughts-on-madonna-and-ngga-gate.html

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.