Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Interesting Quote: Fox Sports contributor Jason Whitlock


Whatever the case, difficult questions must be asked, and they should come from the commissioner’s chair. It’s Goodell’s job to protect The Shield. It’s Goodell’s job to protect the employees. 
The best protection for the league and the players is the freeing of the gays.
Let’s be honest. I think it’s reasonable to assume that 15 percent of NFL players are gay and/or bisexual. Generally speaking, they’re forced to conceal their sexuality out of fear of being ostracized and potentially released from the team. 

They need to be set free, released from the grip of the most hostile work environment in America. Is there a more homophobic work setting than a football locker room? I can’t think of one.

Jason is calling on NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to 'free the gays'

source

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't expecting this news. Especially from Jason Whitlock, who normally writes nonsense.

Reggie said...

Jason Whitlock can be quite funny at times. I used to look forward to his thoughts on The Sports Reporters on ESPN on Sunday mornings. He was good for some funny shit every once in awhile. He once made a comment about fat people having sex, even though people didn't want to hear about it that had me on the floor laughing my ass off.

As Americans we want to say that we live in a free society, but we really don't. People look at my face and have preconceived notions about me.....regardless of how I conduct myself. People are just ignorant about that. It doesn't make it right, but that train never seems to be late.

The NFL and our military are filled with A personality type assholes that feel like they know how people should live their lives. They need to get over themselves. We're a melting pot, they need to truly embrace the ideals of America.

I currently work in a leadership position in a major corporation. I've worked for state agencies and small companies and all types of businesses in the 25 years since I graduated from college. What I do know is that people that are open and feel "free" tend to be more productive and seem to be happier employees. That's all I care about productivity, not what they do when they go home......that's their business. We all should be happy and be open with who we are. Just like I have pictures of my wife and children on my desk at work, I see no reason why gays shouldn't have pictures of their loved ones as well and NFL players who are gay, shouldn't feel pressure to not say so. I don't know if the percentage is 15% or 5%, the only thing I care about is that my Steelers play well. I don't really care what their players do off the field. The person that does, needs to get a life.

Allan S. said...

The times are a changing, and some of the changes are for the better.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.