Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The things I learn from my Friends


One of my friends, The Boy from Ohio, has some interesting beliefs about sex and friendship.

He can hook up with a guy without feeling any emotional attachment. He calls it fun, "We're just having fun, that's all," he says.

But here's the catch... If they start falling for him, he cuts them off, claiming they're taking it too far. I asked him why he drops them so easily and he said, "I don't want any drama. If they get caught up, it's their fault."

He also believes it okay to fool around with his friends because it's a part of the friendship deal. He says it's a clause of the friendship contract. I ain't never heard of that, but he swears by it. Now, I haven't slept with my friends. I think that's a line you shouldn't cross, but The Boy from Ohio... Let's just say if I was single, he would try to sleep with me.

And finally, he thinks a pity f**k is a great thing to do for a less attractive friend. He said it's like a gift you give to a loyal companion. When I asked what happens if the less attractive friend gets attached, he said, "It's their fault it they get caught up, I was just doing them a favor."

We talked about this for hours and still I didn't get it. However, it's his views and he's my friend.

But I tell y'all, he makes me feel like an old fashion gal with a strict Christian upbringing sometimes.

10 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

PEOPLE LIKE THAT SORT OF MAKE BEING GAY A JOKE...MOST PEOPLE THINK ALL WE DO IS HUMP ALL DAY AND HE DOES NOTHING BUT HELP THAT.

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

I DONT THINK YOU ARE. PEOPLE LIKE THAT ALWAYS TRY TO MAKE OTHERS FEEL LESS OR WEIRD BECAUSE THEY HAVE SO MANY OF THEIR OWN MENTAL HANGUPS AND ARE THE REAL ONES THAT NEED SOME HELP. SOUNDS TO ME LIKE HE NEEDS A GOOD THERAPIST...CANT GO YOUR WHOLE LIFE BEHAVING THAT WAY.

Cubby said...

I kind of fall between you guys. I'm all for giving a friend an occasional blowjob. I think that's a great way to strengthen a friendship. But I draw the line at rimming and porking. And kissing is absolutely offlimits.

Anonymous said...

Let me guess, your friend is a good looking type? Time won't be kind I'm sure.

Wonder Man said...

He's not my type. I'll say that.

EMikeGarcia said...

Yeah... I think he's just a bit of a ho. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but I do think it's sad he chooses sex over his friendships.

kayman said...

He's a simple whore...

Allan S. said...

I was all for the less just have fun part. However, when it gets too real he thinks it's best to cut it off. That is a horrible habit to pick up. Seems like he's running from something, while using others at the same time.

Joy said...

I've known some straight men like that, too. They're the ones with the problems and try to shrug it all off as the other person's.

Unknown said...

Yeah, that's not a gay thing. I know plenty of straight guys that believe in pity sex for girls they don't find attractive.
Although they aren't usually as honest as your friend, their actions are the same. If that ugly duckling girl caught feelings, they'd be quick to tell her it was "just sex."

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.