Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Frank Miller presents, Xerxes


From the super successful, 300, we will get a new story about the original God of Drag Queens, Xerxes.

Comic legend, Frank Miller will pen a prequel of Xerxes and release it next year:

Miller said his "Xerxes" will be a six-part tale with each installment released in individual comic book issues beginning next year. The publisher will be Dark Horse Comics, which published Miller's "300" as a five-issue mini-series in 1998 and which has notable Hollywood success with other properties such as "Hellboy" and "The Mask."

"The story will be the same heft as '300' but it cover a much, much greater span of time -- it's 10 years, not three days," Miller said. "This is a more complex story. The story is so much larger. The Spartans in '300' were being enclosed by the page as the world got smaller. This story has truly vast subjects. The Athenian naval fleet, for instance, is a massive artistic undertaking and it dwarfed by the Persian fleet, which is also shown in this story. The story has elements of espionage, too, and it's a sweeping tale with gods and warriors."

Sounds exciting! I always loved Xerxes. I'm hoping Frank will serve this story on a silver platter.



source

4 comments:

Daij said...

I loved Xerxes in 300. Imma have to watch that

Forbidden Light said...

I loved Xerxes!!! If he's anything like the movie, I will be subscribing...

Prince Todd said...

Oh my god...
I was in love with Xerxes honey. I got erect when he touched Leonides' shoulders, y'hear me? lol

Unknown said...

If the same Brazilian hottie will resume the role of Xerxes, i'm so there.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.