Monday, January 9, 2017

At the Golden Globes: Janelle Monae "At the end of the day, we all bleed the same color"

Last night, Janelle Monae responded to a question about Kim Burrell's foolishness.




She said:
"I’m pro-love. I’ve been very supportive of love. At the end of the day, I think that no matter where you come from and who you love, you deserve to have a right to the American dream and to also have your story told. And so I’m so thankful to be part of this true American story. I’m thankful to be part of a cast and a director who is pro-inclusion. I just think anybody who is representing hate is a part of the problem, and I hope that we can learn from each other and be more empathetic of one another. And I hope that we can all remember, at the end of the day, we all bleed the same color.”

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.