Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Review: Lady Gaga's ARTPOP


I just listened to ARTPOP, Lady Gaga's latest release. There are 15 songs, which are very interesting and yet, all the same.

So, I thought I'd give a vague review.
  • A lot of the songs creative and interesting to listen to.
  • However, all of them sound like you are trapped in a Gay Arcade backroom.
  • Sexxx Dreams is the best song on the CD.
  • Swine was too much. It was all sugar and no Kool-Aid.
  • Some of the songs were waaay over-produced, when I think of ARTPOP I think of simple, creative beats and lyrics, not Mad Max Machine sex.
  • Fashion sounds a bonus track from the Fame album.
  • G.U.Y. was a cute song.
  • The overall theme of the CD was too gay anthem-ish. I was hoping she would mix it up a bit.
  •  Donatella could've been left on the chopping block.
  • If she was going to make an epic album, she should've followed the real ARTPOP album, Purple Rain. That's ARTPOP!
  • In fact, I wish she worked with Prince on this CD.
  • It's too electronic, tone it down a notch.
  • Dope is a good song.
  • I needed heart in this CD, I didn't really get it from most of the songs.
In all, it's a decent CD. I wouldn't buy the whole thing, but a couple of songs are enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the songs sound the same? Ha ha! She went ZZTop or AC/DC on all of us.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.