Friday, September 12, 2008

Everything I learned about Horror, I learned from her


My passion for Horror comes from this pic. It's from the infamous book, Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark, a book that I'm afraid of, but I can't help but to look through from time to time.

In the 3rd grade, I remember seeing this pic and being completely flooded with fear. I was truly frighten by her and yet, intrigued with the emotions I was forced to experience. I began to feel the horror, the thrill, and excitement all at once. When my emotions faded, I started to look deeper at my fears and closely at myself. I know it's a lot for a 3rd grader, but it was also the time HBO was the deal and Slasher movies were everywhere.

Every time I saw this pic, I saw something new. For 20 plus years, I still get something new from this pic. The ghost girl really honed my appreciation for fear and things that go bump in the night.

From this pic, I get the a full pass to my fears and excitement for the unknown.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.