Thursday, February 6, 2014

11-Year-Old Hangs himself after be Bullied for Liking My Little Pony



This is so sad.

11 year-old Michael Morones loves My Little Pony. He is a true fan and enjoys the cartoons. However, bullies at his school teased him for it. Fed up with being bullied and picked on... Michael hanged himself from his bunk bed.

Now, Michael is fighting for his life at a hospital in Raleigh, NC. The doctors said that the damage done to his brain could be effect him for the rest of his life.

This story is so heartbreaking. It reminds me of my younger days, being 11 years-old and a huge fan of Jem and She-Ra. I, too, was teased for loving these cartoons. Luckily, I didn't go down that path, but it could've happened to me or any of us who loved dolls or cartoons somewhat geared to girls.

I hope Michael makes it though this.

source

5 comments:

Damien said...

I have no words for this.

behrmark said...

Is it too much to hope that the bullies are wracked with guilt for the rest of their lives?

Bob said...

This is so sad.
Bullied over a TV show? A cartoon? A book?
Sad.

R.J. said...

This makes me so sad... and angry too.

K. Clark said...

Awful.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.