Thursday, November 11, 2010

Christopher Nolan is looking for One Good Girl and One Bad Girl for Batman 3: The Dark Knight Rises

I got some Bat News for you. Christopher Nolan has 2 main female roles to fill in the next Batman movie.
Deadline reports:
Chris Nolan is lining up actresses he'll meet for two female lead roles in The Dark Knight Rises, the third installment of the Batfranchise which Warner Bros has dated release on July 20, 2012. I'm told one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain. The actresses are: Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley. Nolan is keeping the roles under wraps, just the way that he did when he drafted his Inception star Tom Hardy to come aboard to likely play a villain. Deadline broke that story October 13. I'm still not sure what the role is and I believe Hardy took the job without knowing or reading a script that's still being tweaked.
Okay, I'm only feeling Rachel Weisz. I want more choices and more diversity in these women.

4 comments:

Daij said...

I already know who's going to get to play the parts (hint- neither of them are of color).

Anonymous said...

Natalie Portman as Harley Quinn?

Allan S. said...

Daij may one of them be Zoe Saldana!

Unknown said...

I gotta admit, I like Natalie, Anne, and Rachel. They all have acting chops. It is funny though, they all look like the love interest from the first 2 films. White woman with dark hair.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.