Monday, November 1, 2010

B. Slade is the NOW.NEW.NEXT and FOREVER in Music

Last night, I had the pleasure of hearing B. Slade live and uninhibited at Zanzibar in Santa Monica. Y'all, I can't tell you how talented this man is. His voice is out of control!

Before, B. Slade performed, there were several acts that got you in mood for a party, but once he hit the stage, you knew a show was about to happen.

B. Slade started out with his version of A Man's World. It was very moving, blending in soul and old school techniques you barely hear in today's music. And then he was able to include Alicia Keys' Fallin' in the mix. I hate that song, but B. Slade made it work for me. Hell, I even have a new appreciation for it.

Then, he gave us a powerful performance of Get Over You. B. Slade tore this song up and I was totally feelin' it. What B. Slade did to this song is epic, y'all. EPIC!

B. Slade is the future of music, especially in the LGBT world. I have been slightly turned off by LGBT music, mostly the dance stuff. But B. Slade brings it for reals. He is what Adam Lambert, Ari Gold and others should be... A mega talent MOFO! I hope he returns to L.A. with a full show, so he can show the children how it REALLY done!

Please check out his website, here

1 comment:

Prince Todd said...

You should have invited me! lol.
I love B Slade!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.