So this is coming out month, the month we GLBTers tell the world that...well you get it. However if you are thinking about taking the big plunge, here are some things to think about
- Do not become a stereotype. Please don't over gel your hair, spend hundreds on jeans, and subscribe to the Brittney, Paris, and loser slut of the week brigade. Spend some time learning about yourself and suits you.
- Discover GLBT history. We've done some interesting stuff over the years; you will be amazed with what's out there.
- Instead of building your body with muscle, feed the brain and make your soul fit. A great body is nice, but strong mind and heart truly makes the man...or woman.
- Besides going to Tiger Heat or the Splash bar, volunteer at a shelter or GLBT support home. Help someone find their way.
- Find supportive friends, not fast ass hook-ups. As the saying goes, friends are forever and hook-ups...well, it's a hook-up.
- Be truthful. Most of our people have lied most of their lives. After a while we find it too easy to be a little dishonest. Surprise someone and treat people the way you want to be treated.
- Be true to yourself. Start here and you can go anywhere.